Since 2013 we have been creating a vibrant local community in the Wilbury area. With monthly community cafes, special events and local initiatives, our area is buzzing with a new community spirit.
Who are we?
We are a group of Wilbury residents who want to bring local people together to have fun, share information and build connections locally.
Our Trustees are: Sue Lines (Chair), Lynda Gatward (Treasurer), Vic O'Leary (Governance) and Tony Venezia (Secretary). You can read our constitution here.
Find us on Facebook here.
What do we do?
We hold a monthly free cafe in St Thomas’ church hall, Bedford Road, opposite Tesco Express with different things each month including:
Free cuppas and scrummy cakes (every time!)
Free fun activities for everyone, including arts and crafts, knitting and special workshops like music, dance and poetry.
A free bike surgery on alternate months, free book stall, “pennies and pounds” stall and school uniform exchange.
Chats with local councillors and useful info from local charities and organisations.
We also run other projects in the Wilbury area - check out "What we do" to read more.
How can I get involved?
You could volunteer to make cakes, donate goods to our fund-raiser stall ('Pennies and Pounds'), or help with activities - and tell your Wilbury friends to come along! Young people can join our Wilbury Youth Council. You can also book a free stall for our Summer or Winter Fair. Or just tell us what you would like to happen locally! Contact us at email@example.com.
What we've achieved (so far!)
- Carried out a survey with great prizes to discover local people's priorities
- Built a sensory garden for a young girl living with autism
- Worked with local graphic designer and Fearnhill students to create a logo and website
- Tesco agreed to having a WCF noticeboard placed on the outside wall of Tesco Express
- Held Summer and Winter Fairs: regular events with opportunities for residents to promote crafts, small businesses and charities
- Launched Wilbury Youth Council
- Nominated young people for local awards with amazing results
You can see our history by looking at the content of our first website (created by Immy Blackburn-Horgan), here.